Infocomm studies

I LOVE COMPUTERS !!!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lesson review(2nd lesson, 30 march)

Today's IS lesson was even more interesting than the last.
We were supposed to learn some IT-related stuff on a forum from mr kent's website. I had learnt so much...

1. Decide blog or website?(register no. 23-34)

For this forum subject that i participated in, I thought it was rather interesting "debating" this subject on the forum with my friends. Mostly, I learnt that blogs are generally very easy to create and that it takes only a matter of seconds to do so. However, a succesful, well-customized and well-designed blog requires lots of time and knowledge of IT to make. Whereas, websites require some basic programming knowledge to create. But, the very good advantage of websites over blogs, is that for blogs, you have to post multiple posts and update it everyday to maintain and attract the number of followers on your blogs while for websites, you only need to do one well-designed one, and post some information about whatever your web's subject is on, and it will automatically attract more people to view your websites everyday and that you only need to update it around twice a month as most of the information are for references and knowledge.
So, I commented on the forum that I would rather learn how to create a website first, then use the followers on my website and bring them to a blog that I would create later on so as to ensure that the followers on my blog won't keep decreasing everyday as I know that I would not have the time to post on my blog everyday.

2. Social impact of new media(register no. 1-11)

As for this section of the forum, we were supposed to choose one other topic other than the one that we are supposed to do and reply to one of the comments made by our classmates and I chose this, Social imapct of new media.
I also chose to reply to the comment made by my classmate Darryl. He said " if we rely on these machines completely, we shall weaken and become lazy."
On the forum, I replied by saying I disagree with it. The big reason behind this, is that I feel that we're only merely getting help from these high-tech. devices to make our lives easier. These machines are just like our domestic helpers or maids, they are just helping us to do some daily chores, and the main reason for people nowadays to employ maids is that they totally don't have the time to do these daily chores as they have much more important things like their career and work to put their mind into instead of, for example, sweeping the floor of their own apartments. So, I conclude that we only use these devices as we have to focus on other more important stuff other than our daily chores as they can help us to do them.


Altogether, I feel that I have gained more knowledge on the technologies that are available currently and learned a lot more about IT for after this valuable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment